Photo by KenyaNights
Treehouse was a great club. Very music friendly to all styles of music, not just underground/EDM. They also do live shows of bands and solo artists occasionally. They also had good prices on drinks. It's definitely worth checking out if you ever visit Nairobi.
This mix can be downloaded as part of an archive of all 28 of DJ Bolivia's available recordings of live shows, from the following Google Drive link:
The recordings are compressed as a RAR archive, which can be opened natively in Windows. If you're using a Mac, you can use a free utility to open the RAR (popular examples are "The Unarchiver" and the "UnRarX" app). The password to open the archive is simply 'bolivia' and the size of the download is 5.6 gigabytes. If you have problems downloading this archive from the above Google Drive link, you can email DJ Bolivia at email@example.com for an alternate download link.
Additional information about finding any of DJ Bolivia's older mixes can be found at this link:
Thanks for your interest in these old historical mixes!
And here is a link on Soundcloud:
This set, being played at a club, had more house influences than my set from Giraffe Manor. You'll find that this set (an hour long) was mostly house and tech-house tracks. Although I was playing at a fairly slow tempo, down around 125/126bpm, quite a few of these tracks had "busy" rhythm sections, so it sounds more energetic than you'd expect from music at that tempo.
Anyway, here are the track listing from my set:
01. Cole Jonson, "Dangerous" (Original Mix).
02. Carlo Cavalli & Eros Locatelli, "Mexico" (Massimo Russo Remix).
03. Sammy Gonzalez, "Deixa" (Alex Z Remix).
04. Magitman, "What Was That" (Original Mix).
05. Mr Guelo, "Bounce Step" (Original Mix).
06. Jaceo, "Boink" (Original Mix).
07. Kadoc, "The Night Train" (Amo & Navas Rework).
08. Adrian Oblanca, "El Cazador" (Original Mix).
09. Phunk Investigation, "Let The Bass Kick" (Original Club Mix).
10. Blacksoul, "Be Right" (Crazibiza Remix).
11. Radi & Keith feat Corey Andrew, "Roc King Trip" (Tech Mix).
12. Uto Karem, "Taking Me" (Original Mix).
13. Umek & Tomy DeClerque, "Original Challenge" (Original Mix).
14. Filterheadz, "The Right Place" (Original Mix).
15. Parov Stelar, "All Night" (Umek Remix).
16. Umek & Groovebox, "Cause And Effect" (Original Club Mix).
17. Phunk Investigation & Hitchcock, "Vroom" (Original Mix).
I'll be posting a link here shortly to some video footage from my trip, overlaid on top of the audio recording of another set that I did in Africa, at Club Maasai in Arusha, Tanzania.
Also, if you want to see some photos from my trip to Kenya, here are links. These two galleries have the same photos. The first one (on facebook) is the smart choice if you're on a cell phone, because those photos are smaller. But if you have a good laptop and a fast connection, the photos on my own server are at a higher resolution (3600x2400):
Photos on Facebook: Kenya Photos on Facebook
Photos on my server: Kenya Photos on djbolivia.ca
Follow Jonathan Clark on other sites:
Main Site: www.djbolivia.ca
Music Blog: djbolivia.blogspot.ca