This particular mix features two different styles of music. The first hour is mostly tech-house, which I usually play. However, I experimented with electro for the second half of the set, which is something that I don't typically play. Electro is a good match for the local music scene there. I was running through a Yamaha traditional sound console for a mixer, and it was located underneath the counter of the booth, so it was a pretty unconventional set-up. Due to the layout, I only had easy access to the bass and mid EQ knobs, and there were no effects available on board, so you won't hear a lot of creative effects in this mix. But the recording is clean and sounds good, which is what matters. We had a slight technical difficulty with recording the first minute of my set, but I fixed that with some DAW magic. The sound guy at the club, Scott Fuchs, was very competent and great to work with.
Another really cool thing about this show is that one of my friends from California (Carl Schwenk) was the opening DJ. He and I talked about DJ'ing a year ago, and he sent me a message a few months later that he was learning to DJ, but I hadn't realized how seriously he was taking it. I guess that some of the videos on my YouTube page helped inspire him and get him started. Anyway, he played well, and did a great job. It was great to see him, and I hope I get a chance to hear him again.
This mix can be downloaded as part of an archive of all 28 of DJ Bolivia's available recordings of live shows, from the following Google Drive link:
The recordings are compressed as a RAR archive, which can be opened natively in Windows. If you're using a Mac, you can use a free utility to open the RAR (popular examples are "The Unarchiver" and the "UnRarX" app). The password to open the archive is simply 'bolivia' and the size of the download is 5.6 gigabytes. If you have problems downloading this archive from the above Google Drive link, you can email DJ Bolivia at firstname.lastname@example.org for an alternate download link.
Additional information about finding any of DJ Bolivia's older mixes can be found at this link:
Thanks for your interest in these old historical mixes!
Here’s a link so you can listen to the show or download it from SoundCloud:
Most of the music is pretty new, although you'll notice that I played one older Green Velvet track near the beginning, to set up the context for the "Voicemail" track half an hour later. I should also point out that if you know these tracks well, you'll notice that I bring a lot of them in and out of the mix more than once, which is probably most noticeable on things with vocal samples like "What You Think," and on tracks like "People Of The Land." Here are the track listings:
01. Michal Kosinski - Carpe Noctem (Original Mix).
02. Green Velvet - Answering Machine (Original Mix).
03. QMore - Tick Tech (Original Mix).
04. Tony Roguez - People Of The Land (Original Mix).
05. Josh DaFunk, Optimuss, & Sergio Padro - Shift (Original Mix).
06. Eddie Amador & Mindskap - So High (Original Mix).
07. Dominik Israel - What You Think (Original Mix).
08. Green Velvet & Patrick Topping - Voicemail (Original Mix).
09. Alberto Ruiz - Room (Original Mix).
10. Tony Lenz - Accidental (Original Mix).
11. Mason - Exceeder (Umek & Mike Vale Remix).
12. Chris Lawyer & Hooch - Black & White (Original Mix).
13. Francis P & Dany Rocket - Space The Sound (Original Mix).
14. Major Lazer, Dillon Francis, & Stylo G - We Make It Bounce (Original Mix).
15. Mr Gharib - JKPG City (Original Mix).
16. Get Busy & Matt Newton - Sunglasses At Night (Original Mix).
17. Don Diablo - Back To Life (Original Mix).
18. Rupstoh - Booty Bounce (Original Mix).
19. Lazy Rich & Hot Mouth - Bonk (Original Mix).
20. Dyro feat Dynamite MC - Against All Odds (Original Mix).
21. Qianta - Spawnkill (Original Mix).
22. Deadmau5 - The Reward Is Cheese (Tujamo Remix).
23. Sesa - Get Ready (Original Mix).
24. Lucky Charmes - Keep On Rockin (Original Mix).
25. Ralvero - Mayday (Original Mix).
26. Will Brennan & Twoloud - Get Down (Original Mix).
27. Eptic - Level Midnight (Original Mix).
28. Rune RK - Calabria (Firebeatz Remix).
Follow Jonathan Clark on other sites:
Main Site: www.djbolivia.ca
Music Blog: djbolivia.blogspot.ca